Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
Services & TreatmentsSpecialising in all aspects of
- Liver Disease
Endoscopy Performed at
- Endoscopy Auckland
- MercyAscot Endoscopy North Shore
Southern Cross Affiliated Provider for
Capsule endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, Gastroscopy
About Dr Philip WongI have:
- Extensive experience in diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI endoscopy (gastroscopy), lower GI endoscopy (colonoscopy), and ERCP.
- Assessment, management and treatment of liver disease, in particular, hepatitis B and C.
- Capsule endoscopy (pillcam).
- Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Auckland City Hospital, Aucklan (1994 -current)
- Clinical Senior Lecturer in Medicine, University of Auckland
- Parking available
A Gastroenterologist specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the digestive system (Gastroenterology). These may affect the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine and large intestine (colon), rectum, liver, gallbladder and pancreas.
MB ChB 1984 Auckland; FRACP 1991
Post Fellowship Training
Institute of Liver Studies, King College Hospital, London, UK (1991-94)
- NZ Society of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver
- Auckland Chinese Medical Association
- European Association for the Study of the Liver
- Chairperson, Endoscopy Specialists Committee at MercyAscot Hospital