About Dr Ali Bayan
I graduated from medical school in 1993, trained in orthopaedic surgery in Auckland and was admitted to the fellowship of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2005.
I undertook further subspecialty training fellowships in the UK, spending one year in the centre of excellence Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, London in the Joint Reconstruction Unit performing complex primary and revision joint surgery and in the Foot & Ankle Unit. I also undertook further fellowship in knee surgery in the London Knee Unit and The Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London. This involved both joint replacement surgery and sports injuries, with a focus on arthroscopic ligament and cartilage surgery.
I was appointed as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon in Waitemata DHB, performing surgery at the North Shore Hospital.
In my private practice I consult from rooms in the Rodney and North Shore districts and I operate at Southern Cross Hospital - North Harbour and North Shore Surgical Centre.
Areas of Specialisation
- Robotic and Computer Knee Replacement Surgery
- Hip Resurfacing and Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopic Reconstruction
- Ligament & Cartilage Surgery
- Joint Revision Surgery
- Hip, Knee, Foot & Ankle Trauma and Sport Injuries
MBChB, FRACS (Ortho)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons fellowship
- New Zealand Orthopaedic Training Programme
- Hip & Knee Joint Reconstruction & Foot & Ankle Surgery Fellowship, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, London, UK
- Knee Fellowship, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London, UK